A Dilluns 19 Juny 2006 21:17, Tom Albers va escriure: > Hello Core Developers, > > As you are hard working to get KDE4 in shape, maybe you find it time for > something completely different for a few minutes. > > I just moved RSBreak to kdereview. I would like to request a move to > extragear. > > What is it? > It is an application which tries to interrupt you friendly when you are > working behind the computer. This way you can take a break to do the > dishes. The aim is to assist in preventing you getting Repetitive Strain > Injury[1]. It is being developed by Bram Schoenmakers and me. > > State. > We have released a couple of versions (0.7.0 is just out) and it is doing > its job already for a few versions. All major distro's have packages[2], > and there are no bugs[3]. > > EBN (ifup) > Everything is documented with apidox [4][5]. Krazy only has 1 false hit > [6]. There is no user documentation for RSIBreak. As it only is used by > experienced users, I dont think it is crucial. KDE 4 will contain some form > of docs. The rules we wrote themselves said every new KDE application should have a manual. Besides that, i fully support moving rsibreak to extragear from a user POV as it seems quite stable and useful for me. Albert > > Usability > I'm working with Tina Trillitzsch on usability, the issues reported in her > first - not complete - report [7] are all fixed. > > Graphics > I'm working with Lee Olson on the icons for the settings and the general > tray icon and logo. 0.7.0 contains a full set. > > Startup > I tried callgrind and although i'm not sure howto interpret the results > exactly, i tried to optimize startup speed (smoothscale seemed 'not so > fast'). I would love it if someone invests time in this, but it is a small > util, so it is already starting quickly. > > I hope I covered all items needed for review and if you review it, I'm > happy to make changes. I'm already very proud at RSIBreak and would be even > more proud if it leaves the playground area. > > Tom Albers > > 1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury > 2.http://www.rsibreak.org/index.php/PackageInfo > 3.http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=rsibreak > 4.http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-playground/utils-rs >ibreak.html > 5.http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-playground/utils-ap >idocs/rsibreak/src/html/index.html > 6.http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/playground/utils/rsi >break/index.html > 7.http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/usability_reports/rsibreak/report.htm >l