List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: cmake/dbus/QtDBUS integration
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-06 0:02:44

Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
>> they mandate the use of pkg-config for Qt
>> too.
>
>How do you mean by mandate? I guess they could be changed right?

No. The only way of finding D-BUS include directories is through
pkg-config. It includes a special "arch-specific" include-dir that can be
anywhere. Also note that the Finddbus.cmake script's output
${DBUS_INCLUDES} is not enough: you need to
ADD_DEFINITIONS(${DBUS_DEFINITIONS}) for code to compile correctly.

So, on Linux, you have to use pkg-config to find D-BUS. On Windows, that's
still up for grabs. On the other Unices, I'd recommend using pkg-config.

Since QtDBus depends on D-BUS and is part of their package, it uses
pkg-config too. And since QtDBus uses Qt, Qt is found using pkg-config.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway