List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    core/ui separation
From:       Matthias Kretz <kretz () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-18 0:04:32

Hi,

as I still maintain a separation of non-GUI and GUI dependant code in Phonon,
I wanted to make sure that this is a sensible thing to do... because even now
the non-GUI code is not GUI free as there are KMessageBox uses when errors
occur. And of course it's GUI dependent as it uses KIO.

Will we have a kdecore that will not depend on QtGui? Is there a chance of
being able to use KIO without a dependency on QtGui? If not, I'll drop the
Phonon core/ui separation now and make some of that code a little easier...

--
C'ya
        Matthias