List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: New module "kdecore"
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-20 13:19:03

Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 18:10 schrieb Volker Krause:

> It's a bit offtopic, but would this actually be possible? I.e. adding
> build-system files to the KDE/ level without enforcing the checkout of all
> modules and while retaining the current way of building?

You're aware that the dependency graph won't get smaller if you do that,
right? And make basically has to build the graph before it can start
building, so you get a _huge_ delay between typing make and getting
"nothing to be done". Leave alone that your disc cache will easily flood
if you build _all_ of KDE at once.

So while it's surely technically possible, I don't consider it of practical
use.

Greetings, Stephan