On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:05:35AM +0200, Cornelius Schumacher wrote: > On Wednesday 19 April 2006 02:18, Matt Rogers wrote: > > On Tuesday 18 April 2006 18:13, Cornelius Schumacher wrote: > > > On Wednesday 19 April 2006 01:05, Matt Rogers wrote: > > > > isn't this what kdebase/workspace is for? > > > > > > No, kdebase/workspace contains lots of stuff which isn't needed for apps > > > at all, like kicker, kdesktop, kwin, wallpapers, etc. > > > > k, then perhaps we should do as dirk suggested and move the stuff in your > > proposal out to a module named kdeworkspace or similar. IMHO kdecore is not > > a good module name due to the existance of kdelibs/kdecore. > > Is kdelibs/kdecore meant to stay? Or will it dissolve in something like > kdecomponents or whatever was discussed at aKademy last year? Right now it looks like it will stay. QtCore/QtGui obviously calls for kdecore/kdeui. I think we're going towards kdecore/{network,framework,tools,etc.} and kdeui/{framework,widgets}. (I would even do kdeui/{kio,kparts} to reduce the number of libs overall, but that's for another thread) > I came up with "kdecore" when thinking about module specific library modules > and having in mind the thread about "KDE Core Libraries" Thiago started. > "kdecore" would nicely go together with a "kdecorelibs" on the line of > "kdepim" and "kdepimlibs". But a "core lib" is without gui, in Qt terms. And we can use this core/gui separation in kdelibs too, since we do have quite a few kde daemons. So yes, I think "kdecore" is a confusing name, for kdebase/coreapps :) David.