On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 07:13:45PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote: > As far as I understood, are pipes already used on unix to communicate > between parent and child process > yes > for example to detect child process termination, > not really. > to receive stdin and to send stdout/stderr data. > yes. on windows not? > Is this right ? > "Adding pty support requires to add some hooks (probably by defining > virtual class methods in the QProcess implementation), which could be > used in an inherited class for setup and other required stuff." > roughly. but i don't like the idea at all. if tt implemented a redirection api as powerful as i suggested, no special hooks would be required. unfortunately, they seem reluctant to exposing file descriptors in the api. let's see what they come up with instead. -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.