List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Solid and Akonadi? (was: Re: Discontinuing kcmwifi for
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-31 13:38:20

Le Vendredi 31 Mars 2006 15:02, Carsten Pfeiffer a écrit :
> BTW, I'm wondering if there is some collaboration between the Solid and
> Akonadi people.

AFAIK there's no collaboration between the Solid and Akonadi people (or maybe
Will had some interactions in this regard?)

> Or will the problem of saving data on remote servers (with
> changing availability) be solved on a layer below Akonadi already?

Disclaimer: I don't know Akonadi enough, I'm guessing from the information
available on the Akonadi page [1]. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It'll be possible to use the facilities Will mentionned earlier for network
status checking in PIM applications. kded_networkstatus is currently in
kdepim after all. ;-)
That said, I think the Akonadi KDE API [1] could be aware of the network
status checking that'll move to Solid sooner or later. But anything below
this (e.g. Akonadi Storage Access Protocol) looks too low-level for
introducing such a depend (IMHO).

Regards.

[1] http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/
[2] http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/architecture.png