List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdereview/extragear procedure
From:       Will Stephenson <lists () stevello ! free-online ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-03-28 19:50:45

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 20:59, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> give the number of people not on the extragear list, it may make sense to
> also announce it on kde-core-devel. for instance, i'm not on the keg list
> (and i don't want to be), but i'll be helping ensure that the HCI team
> keeps abreast of these developments so proper UI reviews can start to
> happen for KDE4. announcing it clearly here on k-c-d would help me do that.

Is it time to extend the official definition of k-c-d then?  For core modules,
fine, but adding another role to k-c-d just makes the list harder to read.
IMO the existing guidelines for extragear are adequate - all that's missing
are a developer.kde.org page placing them in context of 'Ways in which your
app can be a part of KDE' and a dot article drawing attention to this.  For
HIC scrutiny, isn't kde-announce a sufficient medium?

Will
--
Will Stephenson
IRC: Bille