List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: autostart spec changes
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-21 18:23:06

So what is the plan here? Do we want to use XDG_DATA_DIRS/autostart instead of
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/autostart going forward and clean up the current
interoperability problems caused by existing KDE entries that weren't
expected to be picked up by Gnome?

If so, what parts of X-KDE-autostart-condition, X-KDE-autostart-phase and
immutability [$i] should be added to the autostart spec? I suggest to leave
the X-KDE-stuff  "implementation specific" and just add some clarification to
the spec that recommends the use of OnlyShowIn=KDE if you need to rely on any
of these features.

Personally I think XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/autostart remains a better choice and makes
a smoother transition but I'm happy to settle on anything that offers common
autostart functionality and that people can agree on.

Cheers,
Waldo

--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation