List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: DRAFT document on coding conventions in kde libraries
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-09 9:39:30

On Thursday 09 March 2006 10:59, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Adding © mandatorily to our files would irrevocably encode them in
> UTF-8 and require everyone to use an UTF-8 capable editor. Are we
> sure that's reasonable?

Isn't UTF8 already a requirement for sources? At least there are many
contributors who cannot encode their name in iso-8859-1 (or 2),
including me (even if I don't use the accented characters), so anytime
you modify a file who has such a name without an utf-8 editor, you will
break  their names.

Andras