List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAutoStart
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-05 13:19:24

Am Samstag, 4. März 2006 23:44 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> On Saturday 04 March 2006 23:37, Christian Esken wrote:
> > The problem is as follows:
> > 1) kcminit is run ... it is not restore volumes
> > 2) ksmserver is started ... triggers login sound
> > 3) Autostart programs are launched: autostart/restore_kmix_volumes.desktop
> > restores volumes
>
> Nobody says it has to be autostarted. In fact, it shouldn't be. Just make it

I agree.

> a module for kcontrol/kcminit, faster, works, what do you need more?

Hmm ... I have been thinking a bit more about that. Even kcminit might be too late. \
Any application might produce sounds early, for example implicitely via a knotify \
message. Thus I am now certain, that volume levels should be prepared early. If the \
Video System is prepared in advance to everything (mouse cursor, randr, ...), it \
would be consistent to do it for the Audio System too.

The best place looks like after the Video preparation (ends with randr) and before \
the "<localprefix>/env/*.sh".

   Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org