On Saturday 04 March 2006 11:33, Olivier Goffart wrote: > Le Vendredi 3 Mars 2006 23:31, Gary Greene a écrit : > > The main reason for splitting them into different libraries is that then > > a Qt app developer who wants to use a feature isn't tied to the extra > > stuff in kdelibs, since it's pure qt and c++ in these "foundation" > > libraries. Yes, there may rise a case where we want to extend a class > > that has dependencies on both core and foundation, but that just means > > that we have to engineer and plan better is all. I for one will be happy > > to see this split done as apps then can be purely qt if they wish and > > take advantage of some of the foundation classes without pulling in all > > of kdelibs, thus keepingthe footprint of an app down. > > But theses class still may be placed in the normal kdelibs library. > > If the Qt application author want to reuse the KFoo class, he just need to > copy kfoo.{cpp,h} into his own application. No matter in what library the > class is > > We probably just need to have a document that say which class doesn't > depends of others KDE code too much. Putting it in a special placeforces to remind developers to take care about that independency. Otherwise it is too easy to forget and to create a dependency that is not wanted. Have a nice day!