On Tuesday 14 February 2006 13:21, Tobias Koenig wrote: > Hi, > > one question concerning Qt4 porting... shall we drop QXEmbed in favour > of QX11EmbedWidget? > > API-wise it looks like QX11EmbedWidget is able to replace QXEmbed, > however sombody with more knowledge should comment on it! I can't comment on the actual implementation, but I find the fact that QX11EmbedWidget and QX11EmbedContainer are maintained in qt/src/gui/kernel a fairly convincing argument :) See also http://blogs.qtdeveloper.net/archives/2005/08/10/playing-around-with-xembed/ Simon (biased ;-)