List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: refactoring kxkb
From:       Sergey Udaltsov <sergey.udaltsov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-10 10:38:07

> It seems like caching of the local file messages is not elegant solution
> and will not work if we want to be somehow abstracted from local X rules
> file.
As a person developing libxklavier, I can only support Andriy on this point.

In the better world, it would be X server responsibility to provide
all this information, including i18n. For a moment, X does not do it
(XKB extension should be extended:). AFAIK Daniel Stone is doing
something in this area. Anyway, considering libxklavier as relatively
low-level library, I think it is better just to use the strings it
provides (as long as it does it correctly). And sure I welcome any
ideas/patches regarding making libxklavier behavior more gettextish.

Regards,

Sergey