On Monday 30 January 2006 08:26, Simon Hausmann wrote: > correctly, then cmake doesn't even warn about the typo in the above > construct because the condition in ELSE is actually evaluated! That's a > recipe for bugs. I guess that can be fixed though.. > 3) It makes the rules harder to read. Clearly > > IF (NOT APPLE AND WIN32) > foo() > ELSE IF (UNIX) > bar() > ENDIF > > is more readable than Depends on foo(). if its just one line, then yes, but if foo() is a 100 lines chunk of stuff, then the 2nd construct is indeed easier to read. > For someone trying to learn the KDE platform it does not matter whether the > build system uses a full fledged programming language or just some > descriptive configuration file syntax. What matters is that the syntax is > intuitive and consistent. Oh, then we should stick with the old Makefile.am. style descriptions ;) -- Dirk//\