List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2006-01-26 13:15:50

On Thursday 26 January 2006 01:08, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Menus in IDE are really for people who just started coding because if
> you're hacking for a few hours moving your hand to the mouse every few
> minutes is just incredibly irritating and when I always shake my hand
> when I see people doing that in ide's all the time. Once you start
> working absolutely without a mouse you just can't go back. It's so much
> more convenient and less tiring.

Menus seems to be the main command interface in GUI applications. In KDE all
menus can be used without mouse. And most commands in menus can be assigned
shortcuts. Personally i find toolbars much more in the way than menus, since
they takes up much more place and really are unreachable unless one use the
mouse.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk