On Thursday 26 January 2006 02:08, Zack Rusin wrote: > Short of what David just point out. I've been talking to Simon who's an > avid vi user (with me being of course emacs fan) why we don't use > KDevelop and one thing that we were both coming back to is: no mouse > usage. I understand you here. > Menus in IDE are really for people who just started coding because if > you're hacking for a few hours moving your hand to the mouse every few > minutes is just incredibly irritating and when I always shake my hand > when I see people doing that in ide's all the time. Once you start > working absolutely without a mouse you just can't go back. It's so much > more convenient and less tiring. So far I have two designs for the IDE. One does't have menus at all, other has few of them ;) > So yeah, when i'm working in konsole, I open my emacs, it opens pretty > quickly and once it's open i never move my hands from the keyboard. > That's just extremely convenient and I think that's /one/ of the main > reasons why people still use emacs/vi. Ok. > Workflow using those editors is very different. Could you please give several things you frequently do in vi/emacs?