List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-25 21:50:06

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 22:11, Adam Treat wrote:

> These apps and tools really
> should be the best of the bunch, but they are suffering from neglect.

Tell me which app of the core modules does not? It's a common problem for all
of us that we are badly missing developers. Not that there wouldn't be any,
but there is such an enormous amount of code in KDE that it's really hard to
find enough people to work on all bits and pieces.

The fact that we are still able to release something is only due to the
excellent quality of Qt and the KDE framework, which gives the existing
developers such an enormous productivity.

I think finding new developers is a central problem we have to solve. I hope
this will also be reflected in the release plans.