List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs (partial) todo list
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-16 17:16:12

On Monday 16 January 2006 06:14, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Monday 16 January 2006 11:11, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > Does your branch include Simon's proposals (GuiEditor class instead of
> > xml files)? Was anything decided on xml vs GuiEditor?
>
> No, it doesn't.  Simon was going to work on it but I guess hasn't had a
> chance yet.

I didn't follow the GuiEditor suggestion too closely. Did it really mean
getting rid of user-editable text (xml) files which describe the user
interface ?
IMO this is really something nice we have with KDE 2 and 3 and shouldn't throw
it away. The developer doesn't have to care much about GUI setup code, and
the user (and the developers) can modify the GUI to their needs, e.g. for
konqy profiles.

Bye
Alex