List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCmdLineArgs4 Question
From:       Richard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=A4rk=C3=A4ng?= <nouseforaname () home ! se>
Date:       2006-01-02 11:11:39

On Monday 02 January 2006 11:28, David Faure wrote:
> Hmm. If we want to get rid of KApplication for kde4, then we'll need to
> simply pass all argc/argv from main to QApp, and then
> KCmdLineArgs::qt_arg[cv] can go away. I'm not sure why KCmdLineArgs took
> care of filtering out non-qt options, when Qt can do that by itself
> already.

In the apidocs for qt_argv it says:

"Returns command line options for consumption by Qt after parsing them in a
way that is consistent with KDE's general command line handling. In
particular this ensures that Qt command line options can be specified as
either -option or --option and that any options specified after '--' will be
ignored."

So I guess that's why.

/Richard