List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE-QT4 plugins
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2006-01-02 8:55:28

Hi!

I'd like to ask how to add the path of the Qt plugins from KDE to the
base Qt installation. The old method (which added the path to qtrc file
in .qt seems to not work). Browsing the Qt docs, the path should be
added with QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath (
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qcoreapplication.html#addLibraryPath ), but
this means that:
- It should be called from KApplication with the KDE path
- KDE plugins will not be available in Qt-only apps
- What about designer plugins?

Also found the docs for qt.conf, but it's not searched in standard
places (e.g in .qtrc).

Last word: as I see now the KImgIO plugins converted to Qt's imageformat
plugins, should't they installed in plugins/imageformats?

Happy new year,
György