On Wednesday 28 December 2005 14:49, Nicolas Goutte wrote: > On Wednesday 28 December 2005 19:35, Thiago Macieira wrote: > > Nicolas Goutte wrote: > > >> I'm not sure why we should be specifying the number of bits of a > > >> configuration type. > > > > > >Because it is the only sane way to store data in a machine-independant > > > type (without using text)? > > > > We use text and the only place we don't (sycoca) is machine-dependant. > > Was the whole KConfig stuff not supposed to independant on what is below? > So you could not always assume that it is text below. Exactly. If someone implements something different for Windows/OSX or implemtents one of the other config systems listed on the kde wiki, who knows what the underlying implementation will be. Regards, Thomas