List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6
From:       Gábor_Lehel <illissius () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-08 18:43:39

On 12/8/05, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 December 2005 21:25, Gábor Lehel wrote:

> > >  http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/performance/patches
> >
> > Well, I just applied these, and (assuming I did so correctly), had the
> > following problems:
> > - the splash screen stops at 'restoring session' and just stays there
> > flashing (I waited half a minute or so before just clicking on it to
> > make it go away)
> > - the various services didn't get started, had to go into kcontrol and
> > start them manually
> > - stuff in ~/.kde/Autostart didn't get started
> > might be more, but this is what I've noticed. Otherwise, seems to work.
one more:
- 'Log Out...' does nothing

>  And you are sure you've applied them properly? This looks much like either
> the kdebase or kdelibs part of the 04 patch is missing.
The patches are all applied properly (at least, trying to apply them
again complained about so).
However, I tried creating a new user with no prior configuration, and
in that case, it works perfectly -- and the difference is quite
noticeable, I must say. So the problem seems to lie with a
compatibility problem between KDE versions prior to and after the
patch.