On Monday 05 Dec 2005 13:51, Tobias Koenig wrote: > On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 12:50:04AM +0000, David Jarvie wrote: > > On Wednesday 16 Nov 2005 00:41, Tobias Koenig wrote: > > Hi David, > > > > We can use enums for the subclasses. Isn't there a limited number of > > > possible timezones anyway? > > > > The problem is that anybody could subclass KTimezone. There will be a > > subclass for iCalendar time zones (already committed in libkcal), but > > there could be subclasses for any new type of time zone source, if it > > turned out that some application needed to access it. > > Do we really need this flexibility? Which functionality of KTimezone must > be variable exactly? Reading/transforming the timezone information? > Couldn't this be done by an external helper class? What sort of helper class do you envisage? > > We really need the functionality of serializing objects in KDE PIM 4.0! -- David Jarvie. KAlarm author and maintainer. http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/kalarm.html