On Monday 05 December 2005 20:11, Lubos Lunak wrote: ... > > I wouldn't mind seeing them in KDE > > 3.5.x. This is not even a 'real' feature if I understand you correctly. > > KDE is doing the same thing: It starts, only faster. > > No, it's not doing the same thing (and you made my day - do you think I > just snapped my fingers and it was suddenly faster :) ? ). One of the > patches that makes KDE (not only seem to) start faster is completely > reordering the startup sequence. I.e. a modified startkde-script or something else ? A modified startkde script can be tested quite easily, e.g. publishing on kdeapps.org can help. IMO it would be nice if we would find a way to have this feature in some 3.5.x release. Bye Alex -- Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de Home: neundorf@kde.org - http://www.kde.org alex@neundorf.net - http://www.neundorf.net