List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposed new KDateTime class
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-05 13:51:34

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 12:50:04AM +0000, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 Nov 2005 00:41, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi David,

> > We can use enums for the subclasses. Isn't there a limited number of
> > possible timezones anyway?
>
> The problem is that anybody could subclass KTimezone. There will be a subclass
> for iCalendar time zones (already committed in libkcal), but there could be
> subclasses for any new type of time zone source, if it turned out that some
> application needed to access it.
Do we really need this flexibility? Which functionality of KTimezone must be
variable exactly? Reading/transforming the timezone information?
Couldn't this be done by an external helper class?

We really need the functionality of serializing objects in KDE PIM 4.0!

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!