On Saturday 03 December 2005 01:30, Gary Cramblitt wrote: > What is the state of "freeze" on branches/KDE right now? > > There are a number of changes I'd like to make in kdeaccessibility/kttsd > and I'd rather not wait 1 to 2 years to make them publicly available. Please consider transform the application into an extragear instead. (Be careful to change all public names: executable, library, POT file etc.) > > There are also a number of accessibility changes that ought to be made in > kdelibs. See the KOffice Accessibility Assessment here for details: That is bad, especially if it would really need big changes. > > http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/ > > Is there going to be a 3.6 release and can I begin working on them in > branches/KDE? > > I suppose the answer comes down to: is anyone willing (and able) to be the > release coordinator for a 3.6 release. (Stephan, I know you'd rather > everyone work on KDE 4, but its a long way off.) That is indeed the most problematic point. (The second one is that I suppose that nearly no professional programmer will take care about a KDE 3.6.) Have a nice day!