List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The future of KAction
From:       Richard Moore <richmoore44 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-20 14:49:29

On 11/20/05, Hamish Rodda <rodda@kde.org> wrote:

This is already possible with KAction from KDE 3, it's just that nobody has
> created "KFileOpenAction".
>
> Also, it will be just as easy to do with KAction inheriting from QAction
> in
> KDE 4, should the change be accepted.

 I agree, it is totally possible with either KAction API. I'm just
suggesting that we should build it in as a major part of any new API, and
make use of it in our KStdActions. Making it standard practice to design ou=
actions like this will greatly ease the problem of adding automation to
applications.
 Cheers
 Rich.