List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The future of KAction
From:       Daniel Teske <teske () squorn ! de>
Date:       2005-11-15 2:45:38

My memory is a little bit fuzzy, but I was involved in the implementation of the MMB \
and keyboard modifier support. So to add my 2cents.

> > This allows to detect RMB, Shift+LMB, Ctrl+LMB, Shift+LMB on MenuItem
> I have considered this further: as long as the receiver is in the same thread,
> QApplication::keyboardModifiers() and QApplication::mouseButtons() should
> return the same values as when the action is activated, since no further
> event processing will have been done (correct me if I'm wrong).

If the activation was by code (and not by the user.), the keyboardModiefiers() and \
mouseButtons() shouldn't be relevant. And activations by shortcuts should probably \
treated as having no modifier, even if one was pressed. So the action should probably \
emit a signal which has that information tacked on.

> As for the activation reason, the only place I can find that it is actually
> used is:
konq needs to distinguish various combinations of MMB, Ctrl, Shift on various things \
(bookmarks toolbar/menu, back, forward, home). (Bonus points to anyone who can tell \
me how many different key/mouse combinations are distinguished.)

daniel