On Sunday 06 November 2005 10:33, Christian Ehrlicher wrote: > Hi, > > Here is an idea how to work around the problem that msvc needs a full > instatiated template when exporting a class. It adds an dummy operator== > (K_DUMMY_COMPARISON_OPERATOR) and a dummy qHash function > (K_DUMMY_QHASH_OPERATOR). I've masked it with > K_FULL_TEMPLATE_EXPORT_INSTANTIATION so gcc will not create any code for > the dummy functions. Hmm, can you describe the problem a bit more in detail. It sounds to me as if the compiler sees the symbol, it might indeed be called, no? BTW: you should make the operator private if it's not supposed to be called. And don't name macros K_ - those that are already there are often enough. Typing 2 chars more to get KDE_ will be ok. Greetings, Stephan -- Pace Peace Paix Paz Frieden Pax Pokój Friður Fred Béke 和平 Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화