On Monday 24 October 2005 17:23, Sascha Cunz wrote: > Hi all, > > i just wanted to query what the plans for KJSEmbed in KDE4 are, > whether there is a time line and or if work has already begun or > there is even already some code to look at. Hi, I have a new version for KDE/Qt 4.0 that I have been hacking on since June. Rich and I got pretty far at akademy and have something that should be ready for public hacking. Basically I have been experimenting to make up for the biggest problems in kjsembed v3. Speed and Extensibility. Both are substantially better in v4. Currently kjsembed takes about 300ms to start up on my 400mhz powerbook, with about 280ms in QApplications ctor. Normal embedding is about 3-4ms on the same system. Bindings can now be created without linking to the core anymore, so embedding applications can embed any type of object they host. Lastly Qt slots can now handle pretty much any signature that KJS knows about. At akademy we talked about having ecma support in all kde applications via kdelibs. A design goal of KJSEmbed v4 is to make it small and light enough that it wont add too much overhead. Right now we are more interested in people wishing to help work on the core than to use it, so if you are interested you can subscribe and post to the mailing list (kjsembed@kde.org). There is a KDE hack session at my place this weekend. One goal is to get the new work in KDE's subversion. (I need to figure out how to mirror a local svn with KDE's since there are non-KDE people interested in the non-Qt and non-KDE versions). Cheers -ian reinhart geiser