On Monday 10 October 2005 14:15, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > hmm, how about that: > class QAbstractProcess : public QIODevice; > class QProcess : public QAbstractProcess; > class KExtProcess : public QAbstractProcess; > > i didn't really think it through; it's just an idea. i guess that would > be qt5 anyway. Sounds like overkill. If I can make [QK]ExtProcess binary compatible with the 'normal' classes it would be nice, but it's not a goal as it's almost certainly not even possible. The goal is source compatibility, and possibly subclassing QIODevice, but subclassing anything below the IO device seems like a lot of work with little benefit to me. > > If there's anything interesting or revolutionary, please do inform me. > > Also I would like to receive a heads-up when you think the K4Process > > API starts stabilizing, > > sure Thanks! -- Martijn