On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:56:03AM +0200, Martijn Klingens wrote: > On Monday 10 October 2005 00:13, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > > i think simon meant that the objects representing the different "hop > > stages" are not really processes (in the OS sense), they are > > in-process filters. only the most nested filter talks to a "real" > > (local) process. > > True. In fact, technically it doesn't even have to. The only reason I > use the ssh and su executables is because I don't feel like > reinventing wheels, but if one wants to write, say, a telnet > implementation using KDE's socket classes, why not? > hmm, how about that: class QAbstractProcess : public QIODevice; class QProcess : public QAbstractProcess; class KExtProcess : public QAbstractProcess; i didn't really think it through; it's just an idea. i guess that would be qt5 anyway. > If there's anything interesting or revolutionary, please do inform me. > Also I would like to receive a heads-up when you think the K4Process > API starts stabilizing, > sure -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.