List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kpersonalizer
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-10-07 13:01:09

On Friday 07 October 2005 14:23, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> >On Friday 07 October 2005 12:18, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> >>select the files I want by shift/ctrl/alt/meta/schmurtz-right-clicking
> >
> >Using the lasso is easier and can done with the mouse alone.
>
> Not if the directory you're in has a lot of files in it, and not if
> you're in listview mode.

Sure in list view mode, you cannot use correctly the lasso.

But, as far as I know, the lasso was invented on systems with icon views.

So you can drag all needed icons in a free space and then lasso them together.
Then you can do the drag&drop operation that you want.

That works too in crowded directories (sometimes you have to move icons away
to make room, and you could have to use the place between icons to "park" or
to group the icons.)

Have a nice day!