List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [file dialogs] Re: Redefining kdelibs and kdebase
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-09-05 18:57:55

On Sunday 04 September 2005 22:51, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

[...]

> Decoupling applications from desktop services out-of-process is not a new
> thing, most sytems do that. KDE itself does it already for several
> services, with some prominent omissions like the mentioned file dialog.

Just a note on the central out-of-service thing:
if I remember correctly from VFS related discussions on tze xdg list, that is
one of the things the SELinux folks really don't like, because they have some
kind of permission context associated with a process or something like that.

Not sure if this is important for KDE though.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>