On Sunday 04 September 2005 13:16, Andras Mantia wrote: > On Sunday 04 September 2005 14:09, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > > The new QTemporaryFile in class seems a good replacement to > > KTempFile, but with the problem that it uses QDir::tempPath() as path > > to create the temp file so it can not be used to create files like > > KTempFile does in $KDEHOME/tmp-$HOST/appname/ > > Speaking of tempfiles, I have an idea for KDE4, which I'm actually use > already in Quanta.Some applications create temporary files whose names > are user visible. Even if they set some name for the files it's still > ugly as it looks like: > quantaSOMERANDOMSTRING.extension > > where SOMERANDOMSTRING is very ugly. So instead of that I create a > temporary directory (with a random name) and a file inside which has > the name and the extension exactly how I want. > What would you think about having this in the libraries? For example it > could be used when opening a file from an external site from Konqueror > when the opening app does not support KIO (so the file is first > downloaded). KBabel uses the autosave directory to do something like this (as far as I understand the code). > > Yes, this means to keep and extend KTempFile. > > Andras