List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Replacing KTempFile with QTemporarFile
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-04 11:09:20

The new QTemporaryFile in class seems a good replacement to KTempFile, but
with the problem that it uses QDir::tempPath() as path to create the temp
file so it can not be used to create files like KTempFile does in
$KDEHOME/tmp-$HOST/appname/

Is that really an issue? If it is could we bribe trolls to add another
constructor that accepts a path so we can pass it locateLocal("tmp", prefix)?

Albert