List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using kdepim trunk from a different prefix than the rest of kde
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-08-02 0:15:16

On Saturday 30 July 2005 22:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have kde 3.4 installed from debian packages (all of kde, including
> kdepim) into /usr, but I also have kdepim trunk compiled into
> /opt/kdepim_HEAD.
>
> Now, for one account I don't want the 3.4 binaries, but rather the one
> in /opt/kdepim_HEAD. In ~/.kde/env/variables.sh I have
>
> kde_dir=/opt/kde_HEAD
> export KDEDIRS=$kde_dir:/usr
> export PATH=$kde_dir/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$kde_dir/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> which works just fine for everything started from the konsole (and anything
> that doesn't have a version installed in /usr).

I just want to state that I have encountered the same problem (on Kubuntu, KDE
3.4.2 + kdepim trunk) when using a .kde/env script. It worked fine before on
Gentoo where I put the same env vars in a custom .xsession.
So I guess .kde/env is not suited for kdedirs/lib setup as it is processed too
late in the startup process.