List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] One ioslave to rule them all...
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-27 9:31:20

Am Sonntag 26 Juni 2005 11:28 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Independent from your email I also wanted to suggest to make "system:/" the
> default home url for konqy. Not sure about the other places.
I think that's wrong. konqueror is a file manager and I start it to manage files.
Not browse Settings or Trash nor Remote Places - sure, sometimes I do, but
not most of the time. So the default should be what people do most of the time ->
home:/

I already dislike the fact that the default URL in webbrowsing is about: - which is
neither showing a history of the sites I went to nor my bookmarks. What does it
show instead? The trash, the settings, storage media - is _that_ what makes a
web browser? Not for me.

Greetings, Stephan