List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kmix -> kdebase
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-06-21 15:36:03

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:10, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  There actually is a kmix applet and it's even better than the systray icon
> (direct feedback). It just needs hiding of almost all channels it shows by
> default.

I strongly prefer the systray icon over the applet: It opens a nice,
reasonably sized slider for adjusting the volume. With the applet everything
is tiny, and you have to hit the desired pixels exactly. That can be tedious
if you're not good in handling your mouse or use your laptop's touchpad.

The "themeable and looking better" argument for the systray icon has already
been brought up, I second that too. And the applet still doesn't offer the
capability to open KMix for a big mixer window with labeled channels.

But yes, hiding most channels would certainly be a good idea.

So long,
  Jakob