List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: User interaction from KImgIo
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2005-05-30 11:56:52

On Mon, 30 May 2005 21:18 pm, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> It was proposed once before to use Qt's image I/O functionality. See
> http://lists.kde.org/?t=106544576600004&r=1&w=2
>
> To quote Dirk Mueller:
> > Qt plugins are worse than Kimgio plugins, because Qt loads all plugins it
> > finds as soon as ANY plugin is needed. This is not the case with Kimgio.
>
> Has this changed for Qt4?
I haven't looked at the implementation, but at least the QImageIOPlugin class
has to be - there is no .desktop / KTrader style support that could do it any
other way (ie Qt can't tell what formats a plugin supports without loading
it). QImageIOHandlers are almost certainly only created on demand though.

Brad