List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt4addons module?
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-27 20:09:13

On Friday 27 May 2005 16:43, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 11:13, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > and why they don't want to link against kdecore/kdeui and co? because there
> > is no way to have this working on windows atm (in a sane way), which is one
>
> Another point is that if you change from a Qt to a KDE application, you get
> everything: the KDE config system, the various daemons start, KCmdLineArgs,
> etc.
> We have a lot of classes which are just enhanced Qt classes with no direct
> relation to the KDE framework which could very well be used by Qt-only apps.
for kdecore/kdeui you have no need of the daemon and whatever, same for kconfig,
I guess whole kdecore/kdeui are general very usable for QT programs, kioslaves might \
be other thing, as this stuff is not that wanted on for standalone apps as long as it \
needs external daemons, but he, we are kde, not qt addons ;) people are free to take \
parts of kdelibs and use it, atm this is very limited, with QT4 & KDE4 as said I \
guess real big parts are just out of the box very usable, why try to split this off?

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team