On Monday 16 May 2005 13:42, Mosfet wrote: > Yeah, yeah, I know ;-) I was just a little ticked off because I finished > porting, was writing the GUI test app, then figured I would update my > snapshot to make sure it was still okay. Little did I know the QImage API > was going to be totally different from beta2... They said there was going > to be changes, but geez. > > Now I got to rewrite it again. I also had the old code pretty well tested > and now I got to test everything again. That ticked me off more than > anything because I am trying to make sure everything in KImageEffect works > how it is supposed to. I'm spending more time now testing than actual > coding :P > > I subscribed to the preview feedback list but haven't been approved yet. > When I am I am at least going to ask for create() to return, (it's only a > couple lines and right now the only way I can tell to allocate an empty > image is assignment, which with shared data isn't horrible but still), the > jump table to return, and perhaps allowing access to the image's colortable > vector data pointer, (right now you can only get and set copies AFAIK). > > I'm also curious about what they are going to do with the new Premultiplied > format. As far as I can tell it's a 32bpp format with the source part of > the alpha already calculated. Good if your going to alphablend the image a > lot, bad if you want to modify the original color channels. The image paint engine uses it. All drawing operations are a lot faster when using premultiplied alpha. It's also the format used by RENDER, so it matches fine there as well. And I don't see why you shouldn't be able to modify the color channels in a premultiplied image more or less the same way then in a non premultiplied one. > Right now I just return if I get one of these. QImage has a convertToFormat() method you could use: Convert to a format you can handle, and convert back at the end. Not fast, but maybe better than just not doing anything. Lars > Anyways, I haven't given up and am still doing this. > > > ..and Trolltech warned that this will happen. Actually, Qt has changed > > again > > in certain aspects since Beta2.