List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    using linux kernel headers in KDE code
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-29 21:36:23

Hi,

Kopete will soon be gaining support for reading from people's video devices
via the linux Video4Linux interface and will therefore have to make use of
some kernel headers. so far, the code i've gotten does the following:

#include <asm/types.h>
#include <linux/fs.h>
#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/videodev2.h>

obviously, not all of those are needed, and i'm not looking for a critique of
what headers should be #included and which ones shouldn't. What I _am_
looking for though, is a clarification as to whether the linux specific
headers should be copied into kde's cvs or whether we should just use
whatever headers are installed. i remember there being problems with linux
kernel headers with kde in past, hence the reason for wanting the
clarification.

Thanks,
Matt