On Monday 18 April 2005 11:34, Lubos Lunak wrote: > > > 4) not using the systray for daemons, quick access and such stuff, > > > instead simply not having any GUI for those, or using applets/whatever. > > > I'm not actually sure what was the opinion on this. > > > > What do you suggest for KWallet? It's important to know that a wallet > > is open. Likewise for the print manager... > > Honestly, I don't know. Unlike Aaron, I don't want just to solve the > "systray mechanism sucks" problem, I also want to solve the "systray > concept sucks" problem. That's why I try to split the random mess there's > currently in the systray into several consistent groups. Well, see my > answer to Aaron. Right. I like your approach. > Hmm. Both KWallet and the print manager look like a mixture of 1), because [...] > are here" and "notifications are here". But KWallet or the print manager > kind of fit in both. Maybe they could go to 1), but I'm really unsure now. You see the problem clearly. :-) -- George Staikos KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/ Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/