List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Should koffice-libs be folded into a kdelibs module?
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2005-04-09 8:22:16

> > koffice-libs are widely used by _several_ KDE applications ( see KWord,
> > KPresenter, KSpread, etc, etc ) and as such I see them as good
candidates.
> But they are very specific for koffice applications. What classes are in
your
> mind?

What I would like to see in kdelibs is are the model-view-controller (resp.
View / Document / Tool) framework related classes.
While they are mostly used in KOffice, there exist also KOffice independent
applications which could benefit from such a framework (e.g. KolourPaint)
Currently, if you don't want to be part of KOffice, you are basically off to
invent your own framework for this.

Regards
Dirk