List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fonts in a KDE application
From:       Albert Astals Cid <astals11 () terra ! es>
Date:       2005-04-06 19:21:42

A Dimecres 06 Abril 2005 21:21, Leo Savernik va escriure:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 20:26 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Playground? So this hack is never meant to be distributed as part of
> > > the KDE release tarballs? Then you're free to do whatever you like.
> >
> > <sigh> I am asking here HOW to do it correctly!!!
> >
> > We would like to install some free fonts so they can be used in edu
> > programs. That means the program can find the font, installed from source
> > or packages. This hack is what must be improved.
> > I thought that kde-core-devel was the place to debate things like that,
>
> Yes, it's the right place. Yet KDE *must* be buildable without any sort of
> X-Server running, also from the release tarballs distributed by KDE itself.
>
> So what's wrong with, e. g. doing it the same way as konsole (and document
> it properly in the README, or INSTALL).

That it gives work to the user, he/she has to have the knowledge of how to
install fonts on his/her system, and this is the last thing we want to do so
a automatic method that works for both people packaging and people building
from tarballs would be preferred.

Albert