List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Floating toolbars positioning
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2005-03-17 20:56:48

Le jeu 17/03/2005 à 21:41, Boudewijn Rempt a écrit :
> I'm going to use a QDockWindow for the tools anyway in Krita. Not that
> QDockWindows don't have big problems, but Trolltech assures me that the root
> cause is X11. I want to have (optionally) floating windows that don't take
> focus when clicked on for palettes; and that appears to be impossible to
> achieve.

Good (concerning the non-focusable floating toolbars).

Anyway, KWin can have a lot of focus policie (on mouse hover, on click,
after a delay, none... always on top, always on top of window Foo...).
Windows also can have types (main, dialog, dock, toolbar...).
Different focus policies could be applied to those different types of
windows, isn't it?

In the worst case, you could add a special type to KWin and this type
would be only used by Krita (and Kolourpaint... and a few others).