List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Critical bug in mono icon theme
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-17 13:54:42

[I'll file in b.k.o shortly] How to render a KDE HEAD installation irreparably
broken (except editing or deleting config files in .kde) in three easy steps:

1) Start KControl
2) Choose the monochrome icon theme (Appearance & Themes -> Icons)
3) Click OK

This requires you have some of kdeaccessibility -- the monochrome icon theme
at the least -- installed.

Kicker immediately starts chewing up memory like no tomorrow -- I tend to kill
-9 it around 1G just to be on the safe side -- and restarting it yields a
hung kicker that's eating memory again.

You can see a similar effect by starting konqui in file manager mode and
looking at the directory kdeaccessibility/IconThemes/mono/scalable/actions/ ;
do make sure that previews are turned on. For me it gets to 14_text before
hanging in the icon preview; the line

*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

is printed forever on stderr. ksvgtopng handles the file 14_text just fine, so
I'm not sure what's causing the problems in the preview.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot