List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KMainWindow
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <ian () geiseri ! com>
Date:       2005-02-27 19:23:25

On Sunday 27 February 2005 12:49, Andras Mantia wrote:
> IIRC Simon said t hat the usage of conserve-memory is quite evil,
> especially when you use embedded KParts... I know, I had a
> hard-to-track down bug in Quanta due to it.
KXMLGUI is a strange strange thing.  This is why I posted the patch :)
Ideally someone like David or Simon can tell me if I'm going to break other
things.

I noticed that one big source of crashes and/or random behavior with my xmlgui
test program was that I was not both inserting the xmlgui client and adding
it as a child to the main xmlgui client.  Simon helped me make sense of this
one when I was mixing action lists and normal xmlgui actions.

Simon please correct me if I am wrong, but KPartsPlugins do not do either of
these things automaticly?

--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri@yahoo.com>-----
Don't ask why, sixteen candles down the drain...